May 31, 2006

10 Parenting Techniques You "Must" Use

According to Susan Ashley, Ph.D., in her book "The ADD & ADHD Answer Book," there are ten parenting techniques you must use if you have an AD/HD child. They are:

  1. Structured routine
  2. Rules and rule notebook
  3. Consequences
  4. Consistency
  5. Praise
  6. Rewards
  7. Behavior Chart
  8. Predictable consequences
  9. Time-out
  10. Contracts

For my husband and I, we find #4 to be the most difficult. Sometimes we're just plain old tired, others we just feel like we've fussed at our son all day and just let him slide now and then. We're working on it though. We try to remind each other (nicely) when we're slipping. What's your hardest technique? Leave me a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments and feedback!