We've all heard the negatives about children that suffer from ADD & ADHD. Well, here are a few statistics that bring good news for a change...
- 30% of children with ADHD no longer have the disorder as a teen
- 68% do not run away from home
- 87% graduate high school
- 87% do not engage in multi-drug use
- 66% do not abuse alcohol
- 65% of boys and 86% of girls do not develop a drug abuse disorder
- 60% who smoke cigarettes quit by adulthood
- 80% of teens do not engage in criminal behavior
- 63% of adults with ADHD do not engage in criminal activities
All statistics were taken from "The ADD & ADHD Answer Book" by Susan Ashley, PH.D., 2005.