Apr 11, 2007

Assistive Technology Database

Assistive technology for kids with learning disabilities (LD) is defined as any device, piece of equipment, or system that helps bypass, work around, or compensate for an individuals specific learning deficits.


This is taken directly from SchwabLearning.org and sums it up beautifully I think. They have created an indispensable tool to help you find the right assistive technology for your child. I plan to utilize it myself for my son's specific needs. I hope you find it useful as well.

Also, to help you determine if the assistive technology you are considering is adequate, read this article on their website.

1 comment:

  1. Schwab does such a good job of putting resources and information right at everyone's fingertips. It gives one a good feeling to know that there's someone out there helping those help others. Especially when it comes to children who need extra help in their learning. Nothing is more important than education.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments and feedback!