Jun 28, 2007

Parenting your ADHD child

Parenting an ADHD child presents some amazing challenges not faced by other parents. They're always on the go and seem to find something to occupy them even if it is the wrong thing. My mother-in-law used to refer to my ADHD son as "strong willed." I suppose that description is true to an extent, but I always knew there was more to it than that. I was actually relieved when he was diagnosed in 2003. After that, I knew what was causing his behavior and could better deal with it. HelpGuide.org has a wonderful article that provides strategies for family and home.


Parents with a child with ADD / ADHD may feel frustrated and hopeless trying to get their child to behave. There are things parents can do to reduce their child's hyperactivity, without sacrificing the natural energy, playfulness and sense of wonder unique in every child.

Barry Belt


They cover the following topics:
  • How can I successfully parent a child with ADHD?
  • Behavioral management
  • Behavior strategies
  • Benefits of "green time"
  • Exercise
  • Diet and nutrition
  • Relationship help for ADHD children
  • Reference and resources

The article is organized and allows you to easily access the topics that interest you. I hope you find some answers that you may be looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments and feedback!