Mar 12, 2009

Supplemental Educational Services for Your ADHD/LD Child

The following is information taken from the U.S. Dept. of Education website. If your child attends a Title 1 school that is in need of improvement, he may qualify for free tutoring services. Read the following to find out more.

Low-income families can enroll their child in supplemental educational services if their child attends a Title I school that has been designated by the state to be in need of improvement for more than one year. The term "supplemental educational services" refers to free extra academic help, such as tutoring or remedial help, that is provided to students in subjects such as reading, language arts, and math. This extra help can be provided before or after school, on weekends, or in the summer.

Each State Education Agency is required to identify organizations that qualify to provide these services. Districts must make a list available to parents of state-approved supplemental educational services providers in the area and must let parents choose the provider that will best meet the educational needs of the child.

Providers of supplemental educational services may include nonprofit entities, for-profit entities, local educational agencies, public schools, public charter schools, private schools, public or private institutions of higher education, and faith-based organizations. Entities that would like to be included on the list of eligible providers must contact their state education agency and meet the criteria established by the state to be considered for the list of eligible providers.

Supplemental Education Frequently Asked Questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love comments and feedback!